from an Indian (Gujarat) textile painting (c.1500-1600s).
Hangings like this were most likely displayed in Jain temples during the celebration of Paryushana and other festivals. This one depicts the heavenly entertainers (Apsaras), who perform in Indra's heaven, where the Jinas reside.
In the installation of icon ceremonies, these ensembles are identified as the Dikkumari, celestial maids who attend Mahavira's birth.
Printed by us, our prints are produced using highest quality inks and heavyweight (310gsm) lightly textured, archival quality, 100% cotton rag fine art paper.
- Dimensions listed are actual image size
- All prints come with an extra border of approx. 2 - 5 cm.
- We can trim prints to image size / borderless on request.
- All prints are sold unframed.
- Custom print sizes are also available on request.